Sunday 7 January 2018

Vegan Dry January Day 6: Wastelands of Admin

Good, innit?
Being sober 24/7 means that you have loads more time to get boring, pernickety things done. Things that aren't remotely creative, but still require you to think in a structured, methodical manner.

So the chore my accountant has been hassling me to do for three months got done today. A hard-drive got reformatted. New LED bulbs were chosen and ordered. This is productive on one level, but utterly tedious on another. I usually spend Saturday mornings bimbling about with a mild hangover, either eating a bacon-and-egg bap or wondering when I'll get a chance to. Most of this Saturday I just wanted to be over.

The weekly shop was fun, though - buying anything which fitted my criteria of a) vegan b) two minutes prep time. I bought far too much and spent a fortune. It was great.

I did also make the Jamie Oliver veg chilli (see above and in the vlog below) which people on facebook recommended. It was very tasty, but took about 90 minutes to prepare, cook, eat and wash up. I spend most of my weekend catering for and cleaning up after small people, so I don't need to be doing the same for me.

I am on the look out for a vegan ready-meal supplier. If there isn't one - I have a business idea. The Lazy Vegan. Hit me up. It might catch on.

***************************

Weight: 11st 7.8lb

Exercise: None.

Food:

Two slices of toast, pure olive spread and marmite.
Handful of grapes.
Porridge with the last of the almond milk, thank god. Syrup.
Half a packet of lime salted naan chips.
Spaghetti and tomato and chilli.
Hummous and a carrot.
Jamie Oliver's vegetable chilli.

**************************

Vegan Dry January Day 31: The Last Post
Vegan Dry January Day 30: A Vegan in Downing Street
Vegan Dry-ish January Day 29: Can't see what all the fuss is about
Days 26 to 28 are Nonblogged.
Vegan Dry January Day 25: Simon Amstell is a Vegan
Days 20 to 24 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 19: Peer review
Vegan Dry January Day 18: Are you a vegan?
Vegan Dry January Day 17: Mmm... cashews.... 
Vegan Dry January Day 16: Taking Stock
Vegan Dry January Day 15: A relapse
Days 13 and 14 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 12: There was no Day 11
There really wasn't a day 11
Vegan Dry January Day 10: Alcohol wobble
Vegan Dry January Day 9: Avoiding four meals a day
Vegan Dry January Day 8: Smeared Poo
Vegan Dry January Day 7: Separation Anxiety
Vegan Dry January Day 6: Wastelands of Admin
Vegan Dry January Day 5: Oatly is the tits
Vegan Dry January Day 4: Milk is everywhere
Vegan Dry January Day 3: I've lost my nuts
Vegan Dry January Day 2: This is going well
Vegan Dry January Day 1: Vegan Dry January is go

No comments:

Post a Comment