Thursday 28 December 2017

I've had an idea

I've spent a year not drinking, so doing Dry January doesn't really appeal. However, if you throw in a bit of dietary fun, I'm your man.

January 2018 will therefore be Vegan Dry January for me, yes it will.

I'm not going to be too fierce about this. I have an energy bar I like which doesn't have any animal products in the ingredients, but nonetheless claims it "may" contain milk. Same for a bar of Green and Black's which I was given for Christmas. Things like this are fair game.

I don't have to worry about the veganality of wine and beer as I won't be drinking and I'll just get me some almond milk to put in my tea and cereal and I should be fine.

I make vegan bread by substituting the butter for olive oil, which I prefer. And I love nuts, which I wouldn't normally eat because they are so calorific. But January 2018 is going to be cashew-tastic, believe me.

So I'll be fine! Won't I?

These are the foods I already eat which I think are vegan (obviously i'll have to go check the ingredients on some of them):

Bread.
Breakfast cereal.
Fruit.
Vegetables.
Nuts.
Tea.
Coffee.
Montezuma chocolate.
Rice.
Noodles.
Onion, garlic and tomato pasta sauce.
Crisps.
Chips.

I'll be fine.

How hard can it be?

(check back in a week's time to find out)

No comments:

Post a Comment