Monday 1 January 2018

Vegan Dry January Day 1: We are go

Formerly, a hill of beans.
Well, it has come to fruition. Pun intended. And I've already messed up.

First thing I did was pour out a bowl of Aldi Benefit (their version of Special K), read the ingredients, noted they contained skimmed milk powder and tipped them back into the packet.

I checked our cornflakes. Aldi cornflakes do not contain animal products. So I had them with warm (I forgot to chill it first) sweetened, almond milk. That was disgusting.

I washed it down with some tea containing more almond milk. This tasted okay, but looked disgusting.

Then we walked up the Thames path to Weybridge to see the in-laws at their traditional New Year's Day drinks party. I had a fruit punch, some veg crudité and chowed down on an olive, which had been stuffed with anchovy. I wasn't about to spit it out. Oh well.

Dinner was three slices of Aldi malted bloomer bread, some vegan olive spread ("Live free!") and a packet of crisps. Then I had a baked potato and beans with brown sauce. Yum.

Yesterday I weighed myself (before the excesses of NYE) and was 11st 10lb - a full half stone heavier than I was in June. We'll see if this vegan, no-drinking fun has any effect.

If you want to see my daily Vegan Dry January vlog, it's here on youtube, or hopefully embedded below.

Further updates tomorrow.

****************
Weight: 11st 10lb (minimum!)

Exercise: 4.5 mile walk

Food:
Tea with sweetened almond milk
Bowl of cornflakes with almond milk
Carrots, cucumber, celery, pickled cucumber, olive with anchovy (by mistake)
3 slices of Aldi malted bloomer
20g olive oil spread
Packet of reduced fat plain salted crisps
Baked potato
Beans
8 squares of Montezuma orange and ginger chocolate.
Mint tea.

****************

Vegan Dry January Day 31: The Last Post
Vegan Dry January Day 30: A Vegan in Downing Street
Vegan Dry-ish January Day 29: Can't see what all the fuss is about
Days 26 to 28 are Nonblogged.
Vegan Dry January Day 25: Simon Amstell is a Vegan
Days 20 to 24 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 19: Peer review
Vegan Dry January Day 18: Are you a vegan?
Vegan Dry January Day 17: Mmm... cashews.... 
Vegan Dry January Day 16: Taking Stock
Vegan Dry January Day 15: A relapse
Days 13 and 14 are Nonblogged. 
Vegan Dry January Day 12: There was no Day 11
There really wasn't a day 11
Vegan Dry January Day 10: Alcohol wobble
Vegan Dry January Day 9: Avoiding four meals a day
Vegan Dry January Day 8: Smeared Poo
Vegan Dry January Day 7: Separation Anxiety
Vegan Dry January Day 6: Wastelands of Admin
Vegan Dry January Day 5: Oatly is the tits
Vegan Dry January Day 4: Milk is everywhere
Vegan Dry January Day 3: I've lost my nuts
Vegan Dry January Day 2: This is going well
Vegan Dry January Day 1: Vegan Dry January is go

No comments:

Post a Comment